Home page

" CAUX expo" presents in 250 square metres a glimpse of the eventful history of the Caux-Palace, from the beginning of the 20th century to today.

The entrance to the Caux Expo

next to the Post Office and less than 100 metres from the railway station.

Click to enlarge the picture

This magnificent building, above Lake Geneva, was first a holiday place for the rich and famous. In 1946, it became a meeting place for people from all walks of life. "CAUX expo" is in the east wing of the former Caux-Palace, with a panoramic view over the lake. It contains documents and items of the Belle Époque, video clips, a computer, a space for relaxation and a souvenir and book shop.

Caux Expo

inside the CAUX Expo, in the former ‘promenoir’.

Click to enlarge the picture

You can see a video with archive footage dating from the silent film days of the Caux-Palace in its heyday in the 1920's, and of the volunteer work teams in 1946 transforming the building into a conference centre, along with further documents and objects.


12 July 2011: Ruth-Gaby Vermot-Mangold presented the ‘No Women – No Peace’ temporary exhibition in the CAUXexpo.

>>read the article

5 July 2011: ‘No women – no peace’ exhibition opens in Caux: A striking temporary exhibition on women peace-makers from around the world was opened today for the summer conference season in the CAUXexpo.

>>read the article

WebDesign 2004 - activmedia